Thursday, October 13, 2005
More anatomy...
Human anatomy is a mighty difficult thing to render accurately. It's even tougher when it's female anatomy.

That's why I use tons of reference when I sketch the female form. I always get the proportions wrong if I don't. The shorter torso, the longer legs and the angle of the hips are always sure to confound me.

If I'm not carefull the sketch can end up looking like a man in drag. Laugh if you want but I see it all the time with artwork that actually makes publication.

The sketch itself is of no one in particular. The reference for the pose and structure was a great photo of Gwen Stefani from this months Esquire insert. I'm not a fan of her music really... I'm more of a Sheryl Crow kinda guy.

I'm betting that someone over at plasticmarlin will see fit to censor this image as well...

I'm voting for a halter top and some jogging shorts. Maybe a peasant blouse and some capris?

<< HOME

A digital artist's online journal. Topics discussed: Art, Entertainment, Technology, Politics and Pop Culture

ARCHIVES
September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / March 2007 /