Saturday, December 03, 2005
Hither came Conan, sword in hand...
Remember those new sketches I promised you? Well I'm a man of my word. They're both available in the sketchbook section now.

I decided that Conan here deserved the front page. This sketch started out as just a few random lines that I jotted down on marker paper with a col-erase while I was waiting for my wife.

The wait ended up being a little longer than I'd expected, but I didn't mind. By then my pencil was flashing like a Cimmerian sword and I was in the zone.

I've got Conan on the brain right now because Wandering Star Press just released the quality paperback edition of Conquering Sword of Conan. This volume collects the last (and arguably the best) Conan stories that Robert E. Howard ever wrote before his suicide at age 30.

(Wipes away a tear...)

If you've never read Howard's stories then you don't know Conan. Spare me your Ahnuld impersonation. Yes, yes we all love to crush our enemies and see them driven before us... And don't even get started with the lamentations...

I have more to share but it's late... Next time I'll fill you in on my upcoming 3DS Max workshop and I'll post some images of that new model I've been working on.

Later.

<< HOME

A digital artist's online journal. Topics discussed: Art, Entertainment, Technology, Politics and Pop Culture

ARCHIVES
September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / March 2007 /