Thursday, December 01, 2005
Someone's impersonating me...

Someone has seen fit to create a bogus myspace page in my name that contains information lifted from my online resume and a photo of me that was taken from my Carnegie Mellon profile.

I've already notified the website of the identity theft and I am continuing to monitor the situation. I'm told by my students that this sort of thing happens all the time to individuals who are in any way a "public figure". Even one as minor as an art teacher.

There's nothing overtly hostile about the page... It's simply there and has some erroneous information about me. I'm neither a Capricorn, nor am I 8 feet tall (Ha Ha) or 33 years of age...

But I noticed that a few of my current students have been added as "friends" on the page and I am posting this just to make them aware that the anonymous individual who created the page is not, in fact, me.

If this individual attempts to contact you pretending to be me, please notify me so that I can then in turn notify the appropriate parties and make a record of the incident.

That's it. Be safe.

Sincerely,

The REAL Jeff Styers

P.S. I have new drawings to share with you... and a new 3D model. Look for a new post containing said materials sometime later tonight or tomorrow.

<< HOME

A digital artist's online journal. Topics discussed: Art, Entertainment, Technology, Politics and Pop Culture

ARCHIVES
September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / March 2007 /