Sunday, February 26, 2006
fischerspooner, guitar hero and the f35
I've been discovering new things.

Fischerspooner is a group that itunes took it upon itself to recommend to me based on my prior music purchases and it's assessment of what passes for musical entertainment on my trusty ipod.

I'm not educated when it comes to music. I'm one of those ugly consumers who simply "knows what he likes" and uses that declaration to justify every purchase from Kanye West to the Charlie Daniels Band.

So if you check out Fischerspooner and you don't like their savvy blend of disco era beats and video game audio samples well... Don't blame me. I don't know what the Hell I'm talking about.

I played guitar hero for the first time at a friends house and what can I say? I'm hooked. This game managed to fulfill a fantasy I never even knew I had. It allowed me to rock out on a guitar. I played Foghat. And I freaking rocked it. Fingers dancing across the frets, guitar held vertical in order to truly rock out. Lighting bolts dancing across the strings as the crowd roared.

Now I'll admit, with the guitar peripheral it's a bit pricey... But if you love rhythm games, Hell even if you don't, give this game a try.

Lockheed Martin is gearing up for the first test flight of it's brand new F35 Joint Strike Fighter, and it's cool as Hell. If you haven't read or seen anything about this bird go here and read up on it. In particular check out the technology that drives this thing.

Who needs science fiction when there are machines like this already out there in the real world?

Well, that was my weekend... I lied about posting progress on my loader. I'm still not happy with the texture map. I'm gonna tweak it a bit more before I post it.

In the meantime check out this character concept sketch I added to the sketchbook page.

Later.

<< HOME

A digital artist's online journal. Topics discussed: Art, Entertainment, Technology, Politics and Pop Culture

ARCHIVES
September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / March 2007 /