Tuesday, February 21, 2006
Hate on this...
A while ago, I made a decision.

I willingly started turning my back on the vast majority of my vices.

From late night television to caffeine, I've been dialing it all back.

It was difficult at first. But now the idea seems to have built up it's own momentum inside my head.

Instead of adding things to the cluttered pile inside my head, each day I try to take something away.

Not a new idea I know but I'll be damned if it doesn't work.

In my head these days I seem to be moving at a snail's pace, and yet, I've never been more productive.

I sleep at night, I'm up in the morning, I eat 3 square meals a day.

Isn't this supposed to be difficult? Isn't this what Americans are always wailing about?

Slow down for Petes sake.

Eat an apple. Do some push-ups. Enjoy the silence.

Here's where I think the trick is... You've gotta come at this whole healthy lifestyle thing with no goals in mind. If you try to change for shallow, vain or selfish reasons you'll fail. Don't think about losing weight or lowering your blood pressure. This isn't about looking good or impressing others. In fact, you'll probably always look pretty much the way you do now, except with more wrinkles as time goes by. If you're lucky that is...

Besides, health really isn't about how you look, it's about how you feel. I can honestly say I've never felt better, simply because I sleep more, stress on things less and don't put (as much) unhealthy food in my stomach.

Be warned though, when you start taking in less sugar and caffeine you'll need a lot more sleep during the first few weeks... And it'll wreak havoc on your mood.

The best thing to do is charge ahead and start supplementing your new eating habits with light exercise.

And, last but not least, don't tell anyone you're changing your diet or exercising. Most people will hate on you and actively try to discourage you.

And for the love of God don't write about it in your blog.

I'll post progress on my loader later this week.

Goodnight haters.

<< HOME

A digital artist's online journal. Topics discussed: Art, Entertainment, Technology, Politics and Pop Culture

ARCHIVES
September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / March 2007 /